Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend Memories are the best





What did you do with your weekend? Mine was kind of busy but still great. Friday evening I entered some pictures into a photo contest at the county fair. I didn't win anything but it was still fun and a good experience to enter them. Now, this summer I really wanted to get a job to make some money. I was tired of wanting to go places with friends and my parents say well do YOU have money because we're not paying. However, dude the amount of vacations this summer it wasn't a great idea. So my parents gave me a job. I do tasks around the house and the amount of money I make depends on which jobs I did during the week. My dad told me I had a chance to make some money Saturday by taking brick pavers up our hill. There were about 25 of them and they were heavy.. >:( I got the job done though. Recently our neighbor Mr.Dan fixed our lawnmower. His son had been mowing our grass for about 8 years now but doesn't always have the time. So i decided to do it. If any of you have been on my moms blog you know that we have a big hill in the back. It was very difficult.. :( I got that done too though, but my hands are hurting from it today. Now Sunday was a day of fun. We went to Mclean in Virginia for church, and then to the cheesecake factory for lunch. I have a Godiva chocolate cheesecake in the fridge right now calling my name. Then that evening we went to the fair. My boyfriend Adam came with us and I had a great time. My parents actually let us walk around alone for once, all though knowing them I'm sure we were being closely trailed. We looked at the exhibit halls and the cows and Llamas. We ate some deep fried oreos, I swear if you have never had one, you must. We had fries and lemonade, and we walked. One of our favorite things to do is watch the people on the drop ride. It is similar to the tower of terror in Disney but it only drops once. It is always very entertaining to see the looks on the peoples face as they're plummeting towards the earth. After that my boyfriend spent some time playing a beanbag toss game. He has long arms and the guy didn't make him stand farther back so he was pretty good at it. He won be a colorful dog which I have creatively named Puppy :D. How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?

1 comment:

  1. thank you for the votes!
    BY the way.........
    LOVE THE CUTE PUPPY!!!!!
    Deep Fried Oreos...
    Sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete