Wednesday, August 24, 2011

It's shaking in Maryland

I'm sure most of you heard about or maybe even felt the east coast earthquake yesterday (8/23/11). We definitely felt it here. At first we thought it was really strong wind. Then we looked out the window and it was calm as could be. Then it happened again about 20 to 30 seconds after the first shaking. I coulda sworn the house was about to collapse. After running to the basement, then realizing what it really was, we ran outside still not totally sure what was going on. Our neighbors were all outside, so we figured out it was definitely an earthquake. After waiting around outside for a while, we went back inside and checked for damage. None with us, but I know some neighbors had a lot of damage. While checking the water heater in the basement, my mom found a snake! Eeek! I HATE snakes! Had the neighbor remove it for us. Did any of you feel the earth quake? What were your experiences?

1 comment:

  1. glad yall did not have damage...
    snake? ugh...... that gives me the creeps just thinking about it

    ReplyDelete