Thursday, April 1, 2010

International Night


Last night my high school hosted international night. It was amazing. They had people from all different cultures set up tables with food and music and posters. Lots of people wore their cultural clothes and everything. I am taking german, and my parents lived in Germany for a few years, so I attended and helped a little with the german table. I made Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte, other wise known as black forest cherry cake, with a little help from my mom. I also made authentic Spatzle. The cake disappeared rather quickly, I got to have a taste first though and it was really good. (I swear i'm not just saying that) I got to try lots of different food, perform a german dance for people, watch 2 martial arts groups, and hang out with my friends. It was a really great time. :)Happy Thursday! It's the last day of school before spring break for me! HAPPY SPRING!

1 comment:

  1. And a happy spring to you Lydia. That Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte sound very delicious. I've liked all the German foods that I've tried, which was not nearly enough.

    ReplyDelete